Please note: The laws and regulations in different countries impose different (and even conflicting) requirements for Internet and data protection. The servers that make the Services available worldwide are located in the United States (U.S.). All matters relating to the Services are governed by the laws of the State of California. The Services are intended for use by U.S. consumers only. Please note that any information you provide will be transferred directly to the U.S., and by using the Services or providing us your Personal Information, you authorize this transfer.
Table of Contents
- Collection of Your Personal Information
- Automatic Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
- Use of Your Personal Information
- Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- Third-Party Platforms
- Third-Party Payment Processing
- Updating Your Information and Your Communication Choices
- International Hosting of Information and Consent to Transfer
- A Special Note to Parents
- Additional Information for California Residents
- Contact Us
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically from you and/or your device; and
- From other third-party sources.
Information You Provide to UsWe collect Personal Information that you provide to us when you download, register with, or use the Services, which may include:
- Personal identifiers, such as your full name, email address, mailing and/or billing address, date of birth, photo or government-issued identification, and other similar identifiers;
- Demographic information, such as your age and/or gender;
- Geolocation data;
- Commercial information, such as a credit or debit card number, bank account information, or other financial and/or billing information;
- User account information, such as your username and password;
- Information regarding the products or services purchased, obtained, or considered;
- Information you voluntarily provide when you interact with the Services, such as through your communications with us when you request customer support or interactions with us via social networking sites;
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitude.
We collect Personal Information directly from you through our Services when, for example, you: fill in forms through the Services; participate in surveys; sign-up to receive newsletters; purchase merchandise and gift cards; apply for a job; complete our franchise opportunity inquiry form; participate in our rewards programs; provide feedback or otherwise contact us; or otherwise interact with the Services. We may also collect certain demographic information (such as gender or age) and information about your interests and preferences (collectively, "Demographic Information").
To the extent you provide Del Taco any Personal Information of a third party, you represent that you have provided notice to, and received authorization to provide such information from, that third party.
Information We Collect AutomaticallyWhen you download, install, register with, or use the Services, we receive and store Personal Information about you and information about your electronic devices (e.g., mobile phone, laptop computer, tablet, etc.) using technologies that automatically collect such data. Depending on your device’s operating system, we automatically collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Device information, such as the electronic device’s unique device identifier, operating systems and versions, phone model, serial number, Internet Protocol ("IP") address(es), domain from which you accessed the Services, and other similar information;
- Usage information, such as information about your interactions with the Services, including the dates and times you use the Services, how often you use the Services, in-game actions and achievements, the content you access or view through or in our Services, whether you view advertisements shown through the Services, and, if so, how many times you view the advertisements, and similar information;
- Location data, such as precise geolocation and/or location information we derive from your IP address or other device settings, which we collect to ensure you reside in a jurisdiction in which you are eligible for participating in our platform, to comply with relevant laws, and for fraud prevention purposes;
- Device event information, such as information about errors you encounter, including crash reports, request and referral URLs, and other details about whether you encountered an error playing the Services or lost connections to the internet; and
Information We Collect From Other SourcesWe may supplement the information we collect about you on the Services with outside records from third parties for a variety of purposes, including to tailor our content to you and to offer you opportunities to purchase products on our Services or enroll in rewards programs that may be of interest to you. The third-party sources we may collect Personal Information about you from, include:
- Advertising platforms and analytics providers with whom we partner may provide us with information about your interactions with the Services, including, for example, whether and how many times you may have viewed an advertisement, length of time the advertisement was visible, or other information about your interactions with the Services or advertising content.
- Third-party login platforms, such as when you choose to log into our Services using an existing account on a social networking site. We may collect your user ID and/or username associated with that social networking sites, as well as any information you make public using that social networking site or which the social networking site allows us to access. We may also collect information you have authorized the social networking site to share with us on your behalf. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided through use of the Services and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services.
- Cookies. A cookie is a data file placed on a Device when the Device is used to visit the Services. A Flash cookie is a data file placed on a Device via the Adobe Flash plugin that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your Device. Cookies and Flash cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, remembering you and your preferences and tracking your visits to our web pages. At your option, you may block or delete cookies from your Device. If you choose to disable cookies or Flash cookies on your Device, some features of the Services may not function properly. For more information about cookies, including links to web browser instructions for disabling and managing such tracking devices, follow this link.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons are small graphic images or other programming code (also known as "1x1 GIFS" or "clear GIFs"). We may include web beacons in our web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons may be used for a number of purposes, including to count visitors to the Services, to monitor how users navigate the Services, and to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Services, such as the links on which you click. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Services, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- Social Media Plug-Ins. Del Taco may offer social media plug-ins for companies that include Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Instagram. For example, we have Facebook like and share buttons, a tweet button for Twitter, and embedded videos that offer certain interactive features and we and the company track your interactions with these functions. Additionally, even if you do not choose to use these plug-ins, the relevant company may still collect certain tracking information about you and share it with us.
- Analytics. Del Taco may use tools, including analytics tools, to collect non-Personal Information regarding your use of the Services. These analytics technologies help us, for example, to measure and analyze events within our Services, improve your user experience, monitor the success of marketing campaigns, or to prevent mobile advertising fraud. The data collected through these tools is not tied to any Personal Information about you. You may prevent the use of analytics by disabling cookies as described above.
Some of the functions within the Services are provided, developed, or hosted by third parties that are not affiliated with the Company. These entities may process information automatically as you use the Services. These third parties include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and advertising servers that serve behavioral advertisements;
- Analytics companies, which help us understand and measure how the Services are being used;
- Service providers we engage for administrative and support activities, such as customer support services or cloud storage providers.
The information these third parties collect may include Personal Information as well as information about your online activities over time and across different websites, applications, and other online services websites that are not affiliated with us. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (e.g., behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
- To provide you with information or Services that you have requested or agreed to receive, including information about our rewards programs;
- To process your registration with the Services, including verifying your e-mail address;
- To process transactions made on the Services;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other feature, including fulfillment of a rewards program;
- To send periodic communications regarding new products, content, features and services;
- To better tailor the Services to your interests, to provide you more efficient customer support, and to enhance the Services;
- To serve, facilitate, and measure the effectiveness of advertising by us and third-party partners;
- To authenticate your activity and save your progress and achievements on our Services;
- To provide access to certain functionalities and features of the Services;
- To follow up with you in correspondence;
- To prevent fraudulent or other criminal activity;
- To detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, or illegal activity;
- To improve the Services or for other internal business purposes;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- To collect your location information including your geolocation records, for purposes of verifying whether you are eligible to participate in our Services and comply with our legal obligations, protect our legal rights, and address existing or anticipated disputes;
- To monitor and track the total number of users of the Services;
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
Del Taco may make anonymous and/or aggregate Personal Information for commercial, marketing, and/or business purposes, such as reporting and conducting research and development in order to enhance our existing Services and/or develop new products and Services. Anonymous or aggregated information does not identify you, and we may use or disclose such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible manners. We may share this information internally and/or with third parties for our or their purposes in an anonymous or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes unless you consent to such sharing at the time you provide your Personal Information.
- Service Providers: We may use third parties to perform certain services on behalf of the Services, such as provide you the Services we offer; conduct quality assurance testing; facilitate the creation of accounts; provide technical and customer support; geolocate users; personalize, customize, and improve your use and experience of the Services; process payments to you and other financial transactions; send email and push notifications; enable security support and technical maintenance; send you newsletters, surveys, messages, and promotional materials related the to the Services or on behalf of other companies; prevent harmful or unlawful uses of our Services, including fraud; and improve and optimize the performance of our Services. We may provide these companies with access to user information, including Personal Information, to carry out the services they are performing for you or for Del Taco.
Advertisers and Advertising Networks: We engage certain third-party advertising partners that require the data to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others. For instance, we use Google Marketing Platform to serve our advertisements across the internet. Google Marketing Platform may set and access their own cookies, web beacons and embedded scripts on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, including Usage Information and they may share that Usage Information with us. For more information about Google Marketing Platform , including information about how to opt out of these technologies, follow this link. We may provide Google Marketing Platform, in addition to other third-party advertising partners we use, with anonymized and/or aggregated information about our users, including, but not limited to, the following purposes:
- To help advertisers reach a particular demographic; and
- To enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and Search Engine Providers: We may engage certain third parties that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Services.
- Business Transfer: We may share Personal Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for internal reasons. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all information related to the Services, including, without limitation, your Personal Information, Demographic Information and Usage Information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Services or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of Del Taco’s stock and/or assets or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
- Professional Financial and Legal Advisors: We may need to share Personal Information with our professional advisors, which includes lawyers, auditors, bankers, or other professional consultants for business purposes.
The Services allow certain interactions between the Services and your account on a Third-Party Site ("Third-Party Site"). The use of this functionality may involve the Third-Party Site providing certain information, including Personal Information, to the Services. For example, when you register with the Services, you may choose to use your Facebook or other supported account from a Third-Party Site to facilitate the registration and login process on the Services. If you choose to use this functionality, the Third-Party Site may send Personal Information about you to the Services, which we will then treat as Personal Information.
Opt-Out Tools. You can also learn more about the options available to you to limit third party advertisers that use tracking or targeting tools in connection with our Website:
- Opt Out of Interest Based Advertising (National Advertising Initiative);
- Your Ad Choices (Digital Advertising Alliance);
- Your Online Choices (European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance); and
- For mobile add users, check out participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile app and selecting the user’s choices.
- Google Analytics. You can opt out by visiting Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- Push Notifications. You can opt not to receive push notifications from our Services by following the instructions in your mobile application or device settings.
- Do Not Track. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browsers. When you turn on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. For information about Do Not Track, please visit: https://allaboutdnt.com/.
- Text Messages and SMS. To opt out of text messages, reply STOP to the message you received.
Also, please note that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons. If you have made any public postings on the Services, such as in Community Forums, these communications cannot generally be removed. In addition, we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
If you have any questions about the security of our Services, you can contact us using the communication methods identified in Section 15 ("Contact Us"), below.
If you are a parent and you believe that your Child’s Personal Information has been collected, please contact us at Del Taco LLC 25521 Commercentre Drive, Lake Forest, California 92360, Attn: General Counsel; (800) 852-7204.
CCPA Privacy RightsAny terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
- Information We Collect
Depending on how you have interacted with us, we may have collected certain information within the following categories of Personal Information from you in the last twelve (12) months. The categories below are those identified in the CCPA. Please note that we have not collected every type of Personal Information identified in the examples below, and the categories of Personal Information we collect may vary for each consumer.
The categories of Personal Information we may have collected from you include:
Categories Examples Collected? Identifiers. This category may include: name, postal address, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers. Under the CCPA, "unique identifiers" or "unique personal identifier" means a persistent identifier that can be used to recognize a consumer, a family, or a device that is linked to a consumer or family, over time and across different Services. YES Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). This category may include: name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education or employment information, financial account numbers, medical information, or health insurance information. YES Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. This category may include: age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex and gender information, veteran or military status, or genetic information. YES Commercial information. This category may include: records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. YES Biometric information. This category may include: imagery of the iris, retina, fingerprint, face, hand, palm, vein patterns, and voice recordings, from which an identifier template, such as a faceprint, a minutiae template, or a voiceprint, can be extracted, and keystroke patterns or rhythms, gait patterns or rhythms, and sleep, health, or exercise data that contain identifying information. NO Internet or other electronic network activity information. This category may include: browsing history, search history, and information regarding interactions with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement. YES Geolocation data. This category may include: physical location or movements. NO Sensory data. This category may include: audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information. NO Professional or employment-related information. This category may include: current or past job history or performance evaluations. NO Non-public education information This category may include: education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf (e.g., grades and transcripts). NO Inferences drawn from other Personal Information. This category may include: inferences drawn from the above information that may reflect your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, or similar behavioral information. YES
Please note that some of the categories of Personal Information described in the CCPA overlap with each other; for instance, your name is both an Identifier and a type of data described in Cal. Civil Code 1798.80(e).
Personal Information does not include publicly available information from government records or any deidentified or aggregated consumer information. In addition, the CCPA excludes the following from its scope: health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data; and Personal Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Services, and from third-party sources (e.g., our clients, business partners, and state and local governments, as required, to provide the service).
- Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for the purposes described in the Sections titled "Collection of Your Personal Information" and "Use of Your Personal Information."
- Sharing Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose, which are described in more detail in the Section above titled "Disclosure of Your Personal Information." We only make these business purpose disclosures under written contracts that describe the purposes, require the recipient to keep the Personal Information confidential, and prohibit using the disclosed information for any purpose except performing the contract. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed Personal Information for a business purpose to the categories of third parties indicated in the chart below.
Personal Information Category Category of Third-Party Recipients for Business Purpose Disclosures Identifiers. Our affiliates; services providers; third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your Personal Information in connection with products or services we provide to you California Customer Records Personal Information categories. Our affiliates; services providers; third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your Personal Information in connection with products or services we provide to you Commercial information. Our affiliates; services providers; third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your Personal Information in connection with products or services we provide to you Internet/Network Providers Geolocation Data Inferences Based on Profiling
- Sales of Personal Information
We do not sell your Personal Information; however, we may share your Personal Information as described in the Section above titled "Disclosure of Your Personal Information." Like many organizations, Del Taco engages third parties to help us deliver internet-based advertisements to you and may make use of third-party tracking technologies or other online marketing services. In doing so, we may make available or transfer your Personal Information (e.g., identifiers such as IP address, geolocation data, and Internet, application, or other similar network activity) to third parties, such as advertising agencies, advertising services, sponsored content providers, social media platforms and other similar technology companies. Making such Personal Information available to these entities may constitute a "sale" of data under the CCPA. Please see your "California Privacy Rights" and "Your Rights and Choices" for more information on how you can adjust your preferences.
- Your Rights and Choices
Under the CCPA, California consumers have the following rights, which can be exercised directly or in certain cases, through an authorized agent (as discussed below in the "How to Exercise Your CCPA Rights" subsection):
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or SoldYou have the right to request that we provide certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. Specifically, you have the right to request disclosure of the categories of Personal Information and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you over the last 12 months. Upon the submission of a verifiable consumer requests, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which Personal Information was collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting Personal Information; and
- The Categories of third parties with whom we sold or disclosed the category of Personal Information for a business purpose.
We will also provide the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you, subject to certain exceptions under applicable law, if you also requests access to such information.
Right to Request Deletion of Personal InformationIf you are a California resident, you also have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will conduct a reasonable search of our records in order to locate any Personal Information we have collected about you that is eligible for deletion, and delete such Personal Information. To the extent we have shared any Personal Information collected about you with service providers that is eligible for deletion, we will direct those service providers to delete that Personal Information as well. Del Taco may not be able to comply entirely with your request to delete all of your Personal Information as set forth under the CCPA. Specifically, we are not required to delete any Personal Information we have collected about you that is necessary for us and our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between Del Taco and you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation, such as retaining records for a period of time as set out in local, state, or federal laws.
- Otherwise use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided your information.
Right to Opt Out of Sales of Personal InformationYou have the right to opt out of the sale of their Personal Information, and to request information about whether we have sold their Personal Information in the past twelve (12) months. We do not sell Personal Information, and we have not done so in the last year. Should this change, we will notify users and provide an ability to opt out as required.
Right to Non-DiscriminationWe will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights. Unless permitted by applicable law, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
How to Exercise Your CCPA RightsTo exercise the rights described above, please submit a request to us by:
- Toll free number: 800-628-1386, ext. 6166
- Sending us a request through the California Consumer Privacy Act Contact Form
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may, however, make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child if necessary. Additionally, you may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period. Your verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we would consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified if the request relates to Personal Information associated with that specific account.
- Your Rights and Choices
We will make our best effort to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Within ten (10) days of receiving the request, we will confirm receipt and provide information about its verification and processing of the request. We will maintain records of consumer requests made pursuant to the CCPA as well as our response to said requests for a period of at least twenty-four (24) months.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Shine the LightIn addition to your rights under the CCPA, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request information regarding our disclosure, if any, of their Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If this applies, you may obtain the categories of Personal Information shared and the names and addresses of all third parties that received Personal Information for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2020 will receive information about 2019 sharing activities). To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response.
To make such a request, please contact us at Del Taco LLC, 25521 Commercentre Drive, Lake Forest, California 92360; (800) 852-7204.