Please note: The laws and regulations in different countries impose different (and even conflicting) requirements for Internet and data protection. The servers that make the Sites available worldwide are located in the United States (U.S.). All matters relating to the Sites are governed by the laws of the State of California. The Sites are intended for use by U.S. consumers only. Please note that any information you provide will be transferred directly to the U.S., and by using the Sites or providing us your Personal Information, you authorize this transfer.
Table of Contents
- Information We Collect
- Use and Disclosure of Information
- Message Boards, Forums and Communities
- Links To Third Party Sites and Content from Third Party Sites
- Updating Your Information and Your Communication Choices
- Ad Serving
- Consent to Transfer
- A Special Note To Parents
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Questions? Contact Us
Categories Examples Collected? Identifiers. This category may include: name, postal address, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers. Under the CCPA, "unique identifiers" or "unique personal identifier" means a persistent identifier that can be used to recognize a consumer, a family, or a device that is linked to a consumer or family, over time and across different services. YES Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). This category may include: name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education or employment information, financial account numbers, medical information, or health insurance information. YES Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. This category may include: age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex and gender information, veteran or military status, or genetic information. YES Commercial information. This category may include: records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. YES Biometric information. This category may include: imagery of the iris, retina, fingerprint, face, hand, palm, vein patterns, and voice recordings, from which an identifier template, such as a faceprint, a minutiae template, or a voiceprint, can be extracted, and keystroke patterns or rhythms, gait patterns or rhythms, and sleep, health, or exercise data that contain identifying information. NO Internet or other electronic network activity information. This category may include: browsing history, search history, and information regarding interactions with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement. YES Geolocation data. This category may include: physical location or movements. NO Sensory data. This category may include: audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information. NO Professional or employment-related information. This category may include: current or past job history or performance evaluations. NO Non-public education information This category may include: education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf (e.g., grades and transcripts). NO Inferences drawn from other Personal Information. This category may include: inferences drawn from the above information that may reflect your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, or similar behavioral information. YES
Collection of Personal Information You Submit to the SitesWe may collect Personal Information about you that you provide to us when you use the Site. The information we collect depends on how you interact with the Site. For example, you may provide us with your information when you sign-up to receive newsletters, purchase merchandise and gift cards, apply for a job, or complete our franchise opportunity inquiry form. We may also collect certain demographic information (such as gender or age) and information about your interests and preferences (collectively, "Demographic Information").
To the extent you provide Del Taco any Personal Information of a third party, you represent that you have provided notice to, and received authorization to provide such information from, that third party.
Usage Information CollectedWe and our third-party service providers, including analytic companies, use technology that automatically or passively collects certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Sites or one of our advertisements on another website ("Usage Information"). This Usage Information may include your browser type, the URL that referred you to our Sites, and areas within our Sites that you visit, among other information. We may use Usage Information for many purposes, including to enhance our Sites. We collect your IP address or other unique identifier for your Device used to access the Sites ("Device Identifier"). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Sites, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. When we associate Usage Information or a Device Identifier with you, we will treat it as Personal Information. We may use the following methods, among others, to collect Usage Information:
- Cookies are data files placed on a Device when the Device is used to visit the Sites. A Flash cookie is a data file placed on a Device via the Adobe Flash plugin that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your Device. Cookies and Flash cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, remembering you and your preferences and tracking your visits to our web pages. At your option, you may block or delete cookies from your Device. If you choose to disable cookies or Flash cookies on your Device, some features of the Sites may not function properly. For more information about cookies, including links to web browser instructions for disabling and managing such tracking devices, follow this link (cookie management instructions and info). You can also update your website tracking preferences by clicking on the button below.
- Web Beachons. Web beacons are small graphic images or other programming code (also known as "1x1 GIFS" or "clear GIFs"). We may include web beacons in our web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons may be used for a number of purposes, including to count visitors to the Sites, to monitor how users navigate the Sites, and to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened.
- Embedded Scripts An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Sites, such as the links on which you click. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Sites, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- Analytics. Del Taco may use tools, including analytics tools, to collect non-Personal Information regarding your use of the Sites. These analytics tools may collect information such as how often users visit the Sites, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they visit prior to or after coming to the Sites. The data collected through these tools is not tied to any Personal Information about you. You may prevent the use of analytics by disabling cookies as described above.
- Third Parties Providing Services On Our Behalf. We may use third parties to perform certain services on behalf of the Sites, such as hosting the Sites, designing and/or operating the Sites’ features, tracking Sites’ analytics, ad serving, and enabling Del Taco to send you e-mail newsletters or performing other administrative services. We may provide these companies with access to user information, including Personal Information, to carry out the services they are performing for you or for Del Taco. While we may use third-party analytics service providers to evaluate and provide us with information about the use of the Site and viewing of our content, we do not share Personal Information with these analytics service providers. However, analytic service providers may set and access their own cookies, web beacons and embedded scripts on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, including Usage Information.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions.. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (each, a "Promotion") through the Sites that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you agree to the terms, conditions and/or official rules that govern that Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners’ list.
- When You Agree To Receive Information From Third Parties. You may be presented with opportunities to receive offers or information directly from third parties. If you agree to have us share your Personal Information, we will disclose your Personal Information to such third parties and the information you disclose will be subject to those third parties’ privacy policies and practices. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of such third parties. If you decide that you no longer want to receive communication from a third party, you agree to contact that third party directly.
- Business Transfer: We may share Personal Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for internal reasons. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all information related to the Sites, including, without limitation, your Personal Information, Demographic Information and Usage Information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Sites or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of Del Taco’s stock and/or assets or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
Please note that in the preceding twelve (12) months, Del Taco has not sold your Personal Information.
The Sites allow certain interactions between the Sites and your account on a Third-Party Site ("Third-Party Site"). The use of this functionality may involve the Third-Party Site providing certain information, including Personal Information, to the Sites. For example, when you register with the Sites, you may choose to use your Facebook or other supported account from a Third-Party Site to facilitate the registration and login process on the Sites. If you choose to use this functionality, the Third-Party Site may send Personal Information about you to the Sites, which we will then treat as Personal Information.
Also, please note that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons. If you have made any public postings on the Sites, such as in Community Forums, these communications cannot generally be removed. In addition, we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
link (DoubleClick Information).
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold
You have the right to request that we provide certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. Specifically, you have the right to request disclosure of the categories of Personal Information and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you over the last 12 months. Upon the submission of a verifiable consumer requests, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which Personal Information was collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting Personal Information; and
- The Categories of third parties with whom we sold or disclosed the category of Personal Information for a business purpose.
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
If you are a California resident, you also have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collect or maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will conduct a reasonable search of our records in order to locate any Personal Information we have collected about you that is eligible for deletion, and delete such Personal Information. To the extent we have shared any Personal Information collected about you with service providers that is eligible for deletion, we will direct those service providers to delete that Personal Information as well. Del Taco may not be able to comply entirely with your request to delete all of your Personal Information as set forth under the CCPA. Specifically, we are not required to delete any Personal Information we have collected about you that is necessary for us and our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between Del Taco and you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation, such as retaining records for a period of time as set out in local, state, or federal laws.
- Otherwise use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided your information.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights. Unless permitted by applicable law, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level of quality of goods and services.
Exercising Your California Privacy Rights
To exercise your CCPA rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Toll free number: 800-628-1368, ext. 6116
- Submit CCPA Request Form
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may, however, make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child if necessary. Additionally, you may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period.
Your verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we would consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified if the request relates to Personal Information associated with that specific account.
Response Timing and Format
We will make our best effort to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Within ten (10) days of receiving the request, we will confirm receipt and provide information about its verification and processing of the request. We will maintain records of consumer requests made pursuant to the CCPA as well as our response to said requests for a period of at least twenty-four (24) months.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Your Rights Under "Shine the Light"
In addition to your rights under the CCPA, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request information regarding our disclosure, if any, of their Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If this applies, you may obtain the categories of Personal Information shared and the names and addresses of all third parties that received Personal Information for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2020 will receive information about 2019 sharing activities). To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response.
- Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold